Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Steak with chimichurri sauce and roasted garlic on the side is a winning pairing and this restaurant quality dish is surprisingly simple to make at home. You just need some good quality ingredients to make the sauce - Agora has me covered with their excellent olive oil, dried oregano and sea salt. I also used their new flavored sea salt flakes to season the steak.
20 min serves depend on usage moderate
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch coriander
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
Big pinch salt and pepper
Small pinch red chili flakes
1/2 cup olive oil
Sirloin, strip loin, ribeye, tenderloin or flank steak, as many as you need
- Start blending all the ingredients except the olive oil, then slowly drizzle in oil until a creamy texture is achieved.
- Season each side generously with sea salt flakes, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill or cook (stove top) to desired doneness, then rest for a few minutes before slicing. Serve drizzled with chimichurri sauce.
- Preheat oven to 205C.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the head of garlic, exposing the top of the cloves.
- Drizzle cut top with olive oil. Wrap with foil.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until garlic is caramelized and softened.